The sports events and some cultural activities were conducted during the period under reference in which Univesity got only fame but earn lots of publicity in both print and electronic media at the state and national levels. The following are some of the events held which may be considered for the insertion of sports activities during the year (event wise).
The University participated in the first-ever cultural event i.e "Riyasate Virasat" organized by the Jammu University at Zoravar auditorium in which all 7 state universities took part at a fabulous mega show. The BGSB University begged 3rd position and brought laurels to the institution.
1. The BGSB University sent its two students of MBA namely Mr. Muzamil Hamid & Mr. Abrar Ul Mustafa who took part in all India Inter-University debate competition held at Aligarh Muslim University and begged the 2nd Position which was one of the prestigious events at all India universities level and thus the said students brought laurels and honor for the University.
2. During 2011, the University participated in all India Inter University sports competitions in events viz. Judo Men's team at Pune, Volleyball Men Team at Bundelkhand University at Bareilly (UP) & Table Tanis Men's Team at National (Uttarakhand) Through such participation in sports events not only the players get exposure of the outside world and other educational institutions but bring name and fame to the Institution.
3. The university exhibited its artistic talent in which 5 students participated in Youth Festival 2012 which was organized by AMU at all India level in the said event our University also earns name and fame to the Institue.
4. During the year 2011-12, the University took the extra initiative and successfully organized District Championships of various sports with the collaboration of district associations in University Campus to provide the opportunity to university players for playing against the Some of the Prominent district players.
5. The volleyball team of the University begged winner up trophy when they lifted the Rajouri district Volleyball Championship organized by the Indian Army under Sadhbavana. The championship was organized at PGDC Rajouri in February 2012.
6. During the last 2 years, the Directorate of Physical Education and Sports organized almost all the sports events in both categories at the interdepartmental level. The main sports activities are mentioned below.
Athletics for Men and Women both, Foot-ball, Cricket for Men, Badminton, Chess, Carron, Table Tennis Both Men & Women Category.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that all adults must get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise five days a week. Going to the gym every day is one way to accomplish this goal. Regular exercise may lower your risk of developing diabetes, metabolic syndrome and some types of cancer, such as colon cancer and breast cancer. Combining aerobic exercise with strength training at the gym helps your muscles, ligaments, joints, and tendons remain in good shape, which will make you stronger and more flexible. This is particularly important as you age or face problems such as arthritis.
You may lower your risk of falling or fracturing your hip, which may negatively impact your life, especially in your older years. Going to the gym every day puts you in contact with people on a regular basis and will enhance your social life as well as the way that you feel about yourself. You may sleep better if you exercise each day, and more sleep means more energy and a more even mood. As you lose weight and get in shape, you will begin to look better. Familyfamily.org states that regular exercise helps treat depression. Taking the time to work out every day is doing something nice for yourself, which will make you feel calm and content.
To cater to all such fitness needs of students and to help the university staff members lead a healthy lifestyle the university has recently opened a fully functional fully equipped and spacious GYM center. The gymnasium is equipped with abundant state of art fitness equipment. Also, the proper training and guidance is provided to newcomers to help them built a nice and symmetrical physique without injuring or straining themselves. The gym center opens at 7 am in the morning and closes at 9 pm in the evening offering flexibility in the selection of workout timings for staff and students. Continuous maintenance and upgrading are done to the center on a regular basis.
Student life is not only about studies and obtaining a qualification. It is also an opportunity for students to take part in and contribute to cultural activities on and off-campus. The activities guide students to develop the responsibility and values that will allow them to assume roles of leadership and service in society. The activities cover a spectrum and disciplines - from the arts, sports, and games to intellectual engagement.
Some of the programs are:
The University organized cultural programs in the campus.
Cultural evenings are organized and eminent artists all over India are invited for performance.
Students are being provided with a platform to showcase their talents during cultural programs.
Students participated in various cultural events organized by various universities in the state.